Flood warning.. light

Andy9376

Evening all, 

I’ve just driven my 987 through water and the engine light came on. Should I worry about this or should it be ok when dried out? I restarted the engine on my drive and it was ok, but seemed smokey from the exhaust. 

1 minute ago, Andy9376 said:

Evening all, 

I’ve just driven my 987 through water and the engine light came on. Should I worry about this or should it be ok when dried out? I restarted the engine on my drive and it was ok, but seemed smokey from the exhaust. 

Probably got the coil packs wet causing a slight misfire. May indicate that your coil packs are getting on a bit and beginning to crack. When were they last changed?

1 minute ago, Nobbie said:

Probably got the coil packs wet causing a slight misfire. May indicate that your coil packs are getting on a bit and beginning to crack. When were they last changed?

Cheers Nobbie. It was a while ago I think. I just started it again and no light, but not driven it properly since. Do you think it will be alright?

Just now, Andy9376 said:

Cheers Nobbie. It was a while ago I think. I just started it again and no light, but not driven it properly since. Do you think it will be alright?

Yes, if it's coil packs getting wet which seems the most likely, then the heat soak from the engine when it was cooling down would have dried the coil packs out again and it should be fine. An Italian tune up always does these cars good once in a while to get everything hot.

5 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

Yes, if it's coil packs getting wet which seems the most likely, then the heat soak from the engine when it was cooling down would have dried the coil packs out again and it should be fine. An Italian tune up always does these cars good once in a while to get everything hot.

An Italian tune up it is then 🤣

Archived