Top Tip: Lidl Battery Monitor

Joolzb

I picked one of these gadgets up £20 in the Middle of the Lidl - works great. I don’t have constant power to my garage for a battery conditioner and have been caught short with a dead battery several times. Hoping this will give me a heads up.

The app seems to have several different modes, an has a notification % feature you can set.

Whether for yourself or as a Chrismas gift it’s hard to go wrong for £20.

Screenshots of app from another post...

https://talbotoc.com/lidl-battery-monitor-t31236.html

5 hours ago, Joolzb said:

I picked one of these gadgets up £20 in the Middle of the Lidl - works great. I don’t have constant power to my garage for a battery conditioner and have been caught short with a dead battery several times. Hoping this will give me a heads up.

The app seems to have several different modes, an has a notification % feature you can set.

Whether for yourself or as a Chrismas gift it’s hard to go wrong for £20.

Screenshots of app from another post...

https://talbotoc.com/lidl-battery-monitor-t31236.html

If you are allowing your battery to go flat, you'd do better to disconnect it when you garage the car. You can buy a link for the ground terminal which makes this easy - no tools needed. The battery on its own will last many months without going flat. Also doing this will greatly extend battery life.

Clearly disconnecting the cell is the best option to prolong life and to ensure it’s good to go but my garage has just enough space to get out and back in again as it’s long but narrow; so faffing about disconnecting stuff isn’t the first thing on my mind.

The biggest mither is when the frunk is all closed up, the battery is dead and you have to hotwire the fuse terminal to pop the lid. Doing that when you can’t open the drivers door fully is nothing short of contortion on both the 911 and the 987.

At least this gadget gives you the heads up when it’s getting low and I can set the % alarm so when it hits 20-40-60% I can top it up of go for a nice blast. The range isn’t brilliant on the Bluetooth 15-20ft and I have to go outside to connect but it works. You also get  ranking / starting power and a few other metrics about charging while the car is running so for £20 it’s a no brainier for me.

Now if I could find a ground link to disconnect the battery from inside the car without 20 ft of rewiring with the addition of a Brunnelian style screw connector -  I’d have a pop at that.

Archived