Footwell lights only come on when I switch the overhead lights on

robporsche

Hmm my first real problem and only noticed it later tonight.   My footwell lights dont come on when I open the door but only when I switch the overhead lights on then they come on.  Amy suggestions on where to start.   The only thing I done today is fit a dashcam to the front which I thought perhaps it's a signal interrupt problem but disconnected it and same issues.   I will have to check the wiring to my puddle lights which I came off the footwell lights as I did tuck the wire for the dashcam up near the footwell .   Very strange.

Thanks mate I've been searching the internet all night and just found something about page 105 in the porsche manual.  It's strange as I dont remember setting anything but if I have it's probably when I was making sure all the buttons working on the steering wheel.  Will give it a go tomorrow now

thought i would post up as someone may google in the future and have the same issues,  well its me being really dumb.  i didn't realise the menu inside  Pod on the right could be clicked and then go into settings there, i just assumed it was a scroll through to display options.  

Well i guess why there is such thing as a manual, never read it and now i feel stupid 🙂

I must have changed it when i was driving and making sure everything worked on the new steering well.

Anyway as Daz05 pointed out in the settings menu of the multifunction you can change all sorts and one of them is interior lights .    Took my dashcam out as i originally thought that was causing a interference (to the radio signal it was).

22 hours ago, daz05 said:

Have you looked in the multi function menu, could be wrong but recalled there is a setting for interior lights when door opens.

just tried sending you a message to say thanks but inbox full.   

Archived