Name that Tune!

trustytris

Took the 986 out for a good drive today but when i got to where i was going i could hear what sounded like a tiny fog horn sounding off every 15 seconds or so coming from around the driver side wiper blade zone!   Think i read once this could be the fuel pump making this sound'  Any one else ever had this noise!  🤨

Not me but I noticed the other day while lying under mine at the front (re-fitting front undershield) you can hear the fuel pump buzzing clearly from the bottom of the tank just above your head. If you can get the car up in the air, get your ear under the tank while engine running to see if it is coming from there. Other option might be something to do with the alarm loudspeaker? That is next to the battery on the driver's side of the car just below the scuttle. 

On 3/12/2020 at 12:43 PM, s3swiss said:

Not me but I noticed the other day while lying under mine at the front (re-fitting front undershield) you can hear the fuel pump buzzing clearly from the bottom of the tank just above your head. If you can get the car up in the air, get your ear under the tank while engine running to see if it is coming from there. Other option might be something to do with the alarm loudspeaker? That is next to the battery on the driver's side of the car just below the scuttle. 

Yeah thanks might try that' Also found out this noise can be made if the fuel cap is not air tight anymore!

Archived