Drivers Window not dropping on Entry/Exit

TechnicalReaction

53 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

To be fair they are all perfect gentlemen, they do give you a hand on pulling your pants down on arrival!!

£345 for a major service and inspection upon the start of my boxster ownership I think is well spent. I'll look at the list and work off at home what I can fix and then maintain my own upkeep in terms of services etc where possible. 👍🏽

8 hours ago, fizz said:

£345 for a major service and inspection upon the start of my boxster ownership I think is well spent. I'll look at the list and work off at home what I can fix and then maintain my own upkeep in terms of services etc where possible. 👍🏽

What was included in that major service? 

1 hour ago, TROOPER88 said:

Cheers Fizz

They call it a major but they do not include the plugs or belt.

Good luck with your 986 

Yup agreed and I noticed that. Original plan was for them to inspect it only and that was circa £200 so thought sod it they may as well service it too for the extra 150. 

Cheers for the good luck... Hoping It goes well. 🙃

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 7:15 PM, Shazbot said:

After checking my regulator cable, it looks like my window drop problem is also due to a faulty microswitch in the door lock actuator. I see from the net that this is a common issue now on our cars and replacing the lock actuator is the most straightforward fix.

The Audi part above is out of stock & I would prefer to order from UK / Europe.  Has anybody got a suggestion for a reliable source?  (Just seen that Autodoc have got units from several different manufactures on their site.)

Thanks

Chris

On 4/3/2020 at 7:15 PM, Shazbot said:

After checking my regulator cable, it looks like my window drop problem is also due to a faulty microswitch in the door lock actuator. I see from the net that this is a common issue now on our cars and replacing the lock actuator is the most straightforward fix.

The Audi part above is out of stock & I would prefer to order from UK / Europe.  Has anybody got a suggestion for a reliable source?  (Just seen that Autodoc have got units from several different manufactures on their site.)

Thanks

Chris

I was planning to have a go following your post. But, due to my limited ability and sausage fingers, I wanted to have a replacement as a back up.

I have managed to track down some more suppliers: lower prices with 5-year guarantees.

1 hour ago, Tycho said:

Despite checking with the seller that it was the correct part, just arrived only 7 pin.

Hate it when that happens. You want to send them a message in caps that 'I TOLD YOU SO!'

• 2 weeks later...

Still researching door locks - the Audi part listed above (8N1837016B) is in the Porsche catalogue as being for a left-hand drive car.  Will it be OK on RHD?  Also, the comment about having the door lock in the right setting when reconnecting the battery worried me - what is the correct setting?

Thanks

24 minutes ago, Tycho said:

Still researching door locks - the Audi part listed above (8N1837016B) is in the Porsche catalogue as being for a left-hand drive car.  Will it be OK on RHD?  Also, the comment about having the door lock in the right setting when reconnecting the battery worried me - what is the correct setting?

Thanks

That could be a problem since only the drivers side door has key slot.

Archived