Replacement Boxster 987 MaF

Gary C

It’s very similar.  The only problem you’ll find is that you need a 5 point torx security bit.  Not the usual 6 Point    Look on amazon for Pentalobe bits

i did mine not long after getting the 987 as the AOS had failed so I cleaned up the whole intake side just in case

i still have in my mind to buy a new maf as I’m not convinced it’s 100 %   After all its from 2006 and I have no record of it being changed

had a similar thing with the BMW we have and a new maf made it run way better 

On 4/28/2020 at 7:36 PM, Paul676 said:

I did mine in February its earlier to buy the whole Maf on the 987 then you don't have to worry about the torx bit.

So you’ve bought the whole housing ?  I do t really see why that would be easier than just undoing two screws.  And I’d guess more costly too 

On 4/28/2020 at 7:02 PM, sa utah said:

It’s very similar.  The only problem you’ll find is that you need a 5 point torx security bit.  Not the usual 6 Point    Look on amazon for Pentalobe bits

i did mine not long after getting the 987 as the AOS had failed so I cleaned up the whole intake side just in case

i still have in my mind to buy a new maf as I’m not convinced it’s 100 %   After all its from 2006 and I have no record of it being changed

had a similar thing with the BMW we have and a new maf made it run way better 

Hi, any idea what size the pentalobe bit is?

thanks

Gary

4 hours ago, Gary C said:

Hi, any idea what size the pentalobe bit is?

thanks

Gary

I only took mine out the other week to clean, can't remember if it was TS20 or TS25. I just bought a set of them on Amazon, screws came out a doddle, couldn't figure out how to remove the connector though.

27 minutes ago, detail1 said:

I only took mine out the other week to clean, can't remember if it was TS20 or TS25. I just bought a set of them on Amazon, screws came out a doddle, couldn't figure out how to remove the connector though.

Fab thanks, ordered!

Archived