Front boot actuator

Cooks

Hi all,

Couldn’t release the front boot tonight so had to jack up the and use the cable. If I unplug the white behind the carpet actuator and reconnect it works but not enough to release the boot catch. It eventually gets weaker and weaker and then not motion at all. If I wait some time and lock / unlock car it gets stronger again but not enough to pull the catch. I will try to pop it open in the morning.  

before I went for a drive the catch worked as I always leave the front boot open with catch pushed shut to keep the car on trickle charger. 

does it sound like a new actuator? 

thanks 

My 2001 Boxster had a similar issue with the front boot actuator. After reading different forums, I found that the old actuator warms up and this makes the operation weaker and weaker. When I did let the actuator rest for hour or so, it opened the boot fine most of the time.

New actuator fixed the problem completely and it is is easy to change taking probably 15 minutes to do.

I had exactly the same problem, when the car had stood in the sun the actuator wouldn't work enough to release the frunk, as pacificjuha says its a simple job to replace the actuator. I used a genuine Porsche one, cant remember the exact price but it wasn't extortionate.

Archived