Water in speaker

lofi

Had a buzzing sound from the passenger door speaker. Removed the door card and the problem was coming from the larger speaker. Removed it and it had water in the back of the speaker chassis. I was a bit surprised to see the speaker rear sat in the door cavity. 

does this suggest the window needs adjustment or new window seals are required?

Not sure Lofi but can take a guess. I had a similar issue on my Golf, the water is meant run inside the door and there is a seal on the speaker which it runs past and drain is underneath.  The seal of the speaker was damaged allowing the water to get into the car, just a tiny amount but I could see a small puddle in the door seal when I opened it after it rained.

With the door card off and the window up run some water on the window and try to view where it is going from the inside It could be as I say above or perhaps a blocked drain in the door which is forcing it to the speaker.

Just a guess but something to try 👍

Just for reference a pic of the speaker. Couldn’t be a cheaper item if it tried. 

I will have a look as suggested but the seal round the speaker is fine so no water in the car, just that the speaker sits in the door cavity on the ‘wet’ side. There might be a run or something to Keep the water away from the speaker, will have a feel around.

8E8CB9C6-F5D8-447F-BE57-646DE0ACAAEE.jpeg

Archived