Help needed - identifying right fuse (I hope...)

Babaa

Hi all,

Just got round to installing the new puddle lights with logos (thanks funkygibbon - they work well), and then installing the last of the 2 interior LED replacement bulbs, when it has all gone a little wrong.

All of the interior bulbs were working fine and I was just doing the last one (footwell in passenger seat), with all interior lights all still working, but then when I was pushing back in to place the thin rectangular shaped metal cover that goes around the bulb (before putting the whole unit back in to place), I guess I made contact with that metal and the metal taking power to the bulb, it flickered, then all the interior bulbs no longer work 😟.

Tried removing / disconnecting just this bulb, but no joy. Looks like the door puddle lights are maybe on a different circuit as they are still working, and all other lights (i.e. dash, driving lights etc.) all still working, but boot, frunk, glove box, footwell ones have all stopped so I assumed / hoped it may just be a single fuse I've blown to replace.

Only thing is when looking at the instructions for the fuses, unless I am missing something obvious I have no idea which one it may be of the many there. Anyone happen to know / better at deciphering the guide to let me know which it may be instead of me guessing randomly? I did already try the ones listed as 12v socket and cigarette lighter but they look ok.

Any help appreciated.

IMG_7128

Thanks -- Babaa

Actually - not sure I need the help now after all...

Just went back out to the car to head to Halfords to get a pack of fuses, but now everything all working - I guess maybe a bit of a glitch somewhere when I made contact for that second or so, but leaving the car alone for 10 mins and putting everything carefully back in place seems to have fixed things.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but hopefully no fuse needed after all 😁.

Hi Phil,

Yep, I did notice that the interior ones do turn off after a while, so had the key in, lights on and the on switch on the lights above the mirror to test it (as with LEDs you need the bulb the right way round), so in this case it was the unfortunate case that when I made contact I could see them all go out and even using the switch on the one above the mirror made no difference. Even tried keys out, switch back on again and no difference initially.

However after leaving the car locked for about 10 mins then going back out to it, all magically working - so will live in the hope that they are so good that they self heal somehow 😁.

Cheers -- Babaa

I can't remember fully but I think it was doors closed and open again when I fitted my interior LEDs late last year.

10 months or so later passenger door light doesn't work, footwell is dim and mirror light flickers.  I'll have to get some better ones soon.

Oh - sorry to hear that they maybe don't last that long then 😟, was kind of hoping that switching them all over would be a nice fit & forget and enjoy for years to come with them being LED and no filament to burn out / dim over time, but maybe it is wishful thinking on my part.

They do though look nice for now at least 👍.

Archived