George Stitt 93

GeorgeS1993

Hey guys, 

my current radio is the Porsche Boxster 987 997 Cayman Becker CD Player CDR-24 CDR24 Bose Head Unit

I have given up on the Bluetooth option after looking at around 350 - 400 on parts alone !

I have been looking into the AUX option, would the following part work with my CD24 bose unit ? I'm just wondering as I believe without the bose feature it would work. 

I am unsure if it being Bose would make it not work? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Becker-Adapter-Cable-iPhone-Player/dp/B00EDJE6KE/ref=asc_df_B00EDJE6KE/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310801248631&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1883794813633805617&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9044967&hvtargid=pla-561941553974&psc=1

thanks for your answers, and apologies for my lack of knowledge im a new owner and learning! 

Screenshot_20201014-205255_WhatsApp.jpg

Hi,

I tried one in my 2005 Boxster with the CDR24 and it didn't work. I had the OPC activate the cd multi changer function and still no joy?

I ended up with a Parrot MKI9000 kit which gives me telephony and Bluetooth music streaming.  Mine is not Bose,  I think if you went down this route you would need an adapter cable. 

Cheers 

Ady

Hi Ady, 

Thanks for the message, 

I have seen people say the cable i listed above works in the non bose systems. However I am a bit unsure if it can work with the bose head unit.

I have seen a few videos on YouTube of people installing them and seems straightforward. But I havent seen videos of the CDR24 installation.

I think I'm going to give it a try and see how we get on. 

I will look at the Parrot MKI9000 kit, was the installation straight forward? 

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, I thought the cable would work in my non Bose set up but no joy. I read that you need to have the multi changer function which I did but still no joy. Frustrating but never mind.

My friend fitted the Parrot, he said it was very straightforward with the correct interface loom.

Good luck and enjoy the car👍

Archived