Garage floor

RFD

I have this type in my garage, it came on a roll so you just buy the length you need. I put fixing strips at each end to stop it curling up. No need to glue, just roll it out and cut to length.

It has been perfect for a year now. Admittedly I only park the motorbike in there, but it has held up from jacking and the centre stand. Easy to sweep and hoover, but the major benefit is it doesnโ€™t compress like the foam tiles.

https://garagefloorsdirect.co.uk/product/anti-slip-rubber-garage-flooring-rolls-black-grey-option/

31 minutes ago, rowbos said:

That's a luxury abode for the Porsche! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

'was' a luxury abode in the good ol days, this was just as child No.2 came along and my wife decided I had to sell the 911 Turbo...for a Cayenneย ๐Ÿ˜ช, would have been better burning the cash......

House we're in now...No garage, so at least I've saved on floor tiles....๐Ÿ˜€

ย 

I used Diamond Plate vinyl rolls from Costco. Each one is 17ft x 7'6" so almost single garage size. My double garage is not a rectangle so had to trim them which is easy. I think they were about ยฃ150 a roll. Only one join so easy to sweep.

Anybody got a link to the Halfords tiles mentioned earlier in the thread? The only ones I can find on the Halfords site are these - which aren't exactly what I had in mind!

ย 

https://www.halfords.com/tools/garage-equipment/garage-essentials/halfords-8pc-coloured-floor-mat-set---100cm-x-200cm-336878.html

18 hours ago, RFD said:

Great idea, thanks. I will look for something for the motorbike stand too - I expect that will wear through pretty quickly!

A single carpet tile works well under motorbike stands, spreads the load well, or an old doormat.

Archived