Parasitic drain?

M9G UK

Ok so after attaching multimeter, locking the car including the frunk and leaving for over an hour i am getting .05a which is 50milliamps so i assume everything is fine and no parasitic draw.

Im getting 14.2v at the battery when engine running so charging fine

Cigarette lighter is live with no ignition 

AA Solar panel is giving off 18v

Maybe the solar charger wasnt doing anything when plugged into OBDII port as recommended by the solar panel instructions but luckily the solar charger came with a cig lighter connector

See how it goes i suppose, just nice to know ive not got more than 50ma

Thanks everyone for help, much appreciated

Sounds like there isn't a parasitic drain issue, yet the battery isn't / wasn't lasting as long as one would expect. What are the specs of the battery?

2 hours ago, M9G UK said:

Im getting 14.2v at the battery when engine running so charging fine

What's the minimum voltage while cranking?

Appreciate it's a new battery, but still...

19 minutes ago, JonSta said:

I didn't not know that. And lots of other things.

Didnt work on my 02 986, well I don't think so, the red led lights on the top of the dash didn't do anything different to normal locking

2 minutes ago, M9G UK said:

Didnt work on my 02 986

Instead of having two flashes of the indicators, you'll get one long flash and a short beep of the alarm horn (if it's still connected...)

3 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

Instead of having two flashes of the indicators, you'll get one long flash and a short beep of the alarm horn (if it's still connected...)

3 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

ah yes, just tried it, thought it was the led's up on the dash but was indicators, cheers for that 🙂

44 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

Sounds like there isn't a parasitic drain issue, yet the battery isn't / wasn't lasting as long as one would expect. What are the specs of the battery?

What's the minimum voltage while cranking?

Appreciate it's a new battery, but still...

Battery is a YUASA silver 5000 HSB110 85Ah 800 A(EN) only a few months old and wasnt cheap

minimum voltage when cranking was 10.4V

Yuasa make decent batteries, and that voltage drop while cranking is well within tolerances.

Wonder what caused the issue in the first place?

34 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

Yuasa make decent batteries, and that voltage drop while cranking is well within tolerances.

Wonder what caused the issue in the first place?

yeah its odd, as you said i also would think it would last longer than 3 weeks, hopefully now having the solar charger plugged into the cig lighter and a bit more sunshine about things will improve

Appreciate all your help everyone 🙂

Archived