Clutch pedal broken.

el 3.2S

Whilst attempting to remove the clutch pedal spring, I *cough* somehow managed to destroy the part of the clutch pedal which holds the spring in place. I am now unable to fit the new spring due to this. No idea what a new clutch pedal costs from the dealers, and am currently unable to find out. I have seen a few on e bay UK for RHD models and would imagine them to be cheaper (about £35 posted) than the dealers charge for a new one? 

I have used the car with no spring fitted and the clutch is even heavier than it was before!

Anyone know if the clutch pedals are the same on RHD & LHD models?

Parts catalogue doesn't list a LHD or RHD version.

Latest part number is 996 423 139 10

What year is your car?

Just checked on design911, its only about £50+vat.  Probably best to get it from OPC with your reg. to get the correct one.

Edited by Sanky

• 2 months later...

Just to complete the thread, I bought a clutch pedal from Porsche and for the first time in my 7 years of ownership, put the car into a garage. I got the garage to fit the clutch pedal and spring and while it was there he supplied and fitted inner and outer drive shaft boots at rear right side and cut out corroded parts of the exhaust on each side and fitted what looks like new sleeve parts. The car was at the garage about 5 weeks as he did not finish before I went away for nearly 4 weeks. He was fine with this and kept it up on one of his lifts the whole time. All the parts an labour came to €400 cash, which I thought was not too bad.  Hopefully it will not struggle with the emissions as much in future as it did on last two tests. 
One thing, the clutch is definitely lighter and feels much better now with the new assister spring fitted. 

On 6/12/2021 at 12:25 AM, the baron said:

Seems a good price for all the work and free storage 😎

To add to my previous post, the garage probably made another €400 p/w he got for hiring your car out to the locals