Anyone Fitted GTS front Bumper to Boxster S

IATM

Seriously tempted by this Mod. Read a couple of threads on planet 9 and rennlist forums for people that have done it

Just curious if anyone on here has done it?

Seems the GTS Front bumper is really just the "sports Design Package" that was available on the S anyway

lol Yeah the circle lights are annoying.

I have had a look and it doesnt seem too crazy. The worst thing is just collating the parts together. Even the bumper isnt a simple one piece bumper.

You need:

Main bumper

central lower spoiler

central lower middle cover

two side frame grills ( im 99% sure the DRL's are different so need them)

You need a new energy foam pad so the bumper doesnt sag

You need a different reinforcement bar behind if you want the tow hook hole to line up to the GTS bumper but not required otherwise.

I am more thinking if the tubes for the washer fluid lights for headlights will be different

I think 2 PDC sensors will be different as they are the black in the two side grills.

GTS bumper is just so nice.

1 hour ago, Kev73 said:

I'd love to do it to my cayman as I can't bear the round drl's! They look so 90's why couldn't they make strip drl's like a boxster is beyond me

I swear the two side vents of the front bumper of the cayman are GTS shaped. Have you checked this to see if just the grill and DRL's can be swapped out.

10 minutes ago, IATM said:

I swear the two side vents of the front bumper of the cayman are GTS shaped. Have you checked this to see if just the grill and DRL's can be swapped out.

I have looked into it and they're slightly different shaped

Archived