Bosch Wiper Blades

Jago

Morning All,

On the search for a pair of front wiper blades for the 981 Cayman, Do you know which set it is ?

I've come across various sets that are suggested on the net that are correct, but I don't want to buy the wrong ones. sets i've found are as follows:

A698S - got a feeling this set if for RHD cars 
AM980S
A697S - Got a feeling this set is for LHD cars...

Not with the car at the moment either to check ! 

Thanks for your help.

Thanks Davey P, I've found the part number VAG 99162890100. but can't seem to tie it down to the correct Bosch pack of wipers ! unless I'm completely missing something.....

3 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Aye same here, think i'll go for those ! £32 isn't too bad either. Most other retailers are around that mark ! 

8 minutes ago, Graham W said:

I ordered mine from GSF.  Just give them your Reg. No. and Roberts your aunties husband😉.

Coming in at £30 a blade... think I'm going to gamble with the Amazon special first.... 🤞

Aren't these the same? Showing as £19.40 at Design911 but not sure how much delivery is.

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod143576/Wiper-blade-set--Front-Porsche-991---Boxster---Cayman--RHD-Cars-/

Also have the genuine Porsche ones for just over £50, but aren't the Bosch ones exactly the same, just don't come in a Porsche branded box?

On 5/28/2021 at 5:01 PM, smartin said:

Aren't these the same? Showing as £19.40 at Design911 but not sure how much delivery is.

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod143576/Wiper-blade-set--Front-Porsche-991---Boxster---Cayman--RHD-Cars-/

Also have the genuine Porsche ones for just over £50, but aren't the Bosch ones exactly the same, just don't come in a Porsche branded box?

those aren't including VAT and £5.75 Delivery. so comes to £30.18. 

I must admit the arm sits ever so slightly higher on the mounting point to the blade than before... and the subtle difference is the plastic adaptor on the mounting bracket of the blade (on the original) had a cutout that the aero fin/ridge on the top/back of the wiper sat in (which probably made it sit lower). does it clear rain from the windscreen? yes so I'm happy !

On 5/27/2021 at 8:33 PM, tailslides said:

Got my set of A698S for £20.99 which is a bargain I'd say. 

I'd say so too, Mine came to about that from good old Jeff Bezos 

On 5/26/2021 at 10:49 PM, TrevTee said:

The Bosch blades are also available on ebay for under £24

Porsche Cayman Front Windscreen Wiper Blade Blades Set 2013 On BOSCH AEROTWIN | eBay

About the same as what I paid. 

42 minutes ago, Jago said:

those aren't including VAT and £5.75 Delivery. so comes to £30.18.

I hate it when companies show their prices ex VAT! You think you've found a bargain and then they slap another 20% on when you get to the order page :mad:

3 minutes ago, smartin said:

I hate it when companies show their prices ex VAT! You think you've found a bargain and then they slap another 20% on when you get to the order page :mad:

Me too! or when they only provide costs for the item + fitting at their service centre etc... not just the item delivered to your door especially tyres (which I have been hunting for) quite a few places wont even offer just the price of the tyre alone.... ( this might start another thread lol )