Seems a good buy

alank

Just seen on AT a 981s which seem a good buy.  62 reg, White with Techno II wheels, 31k miles, 2 owners, looks like a very good selection of extras, all the good ones, £33900.  Aspire garage

• Like 1

That does look good, very good. There is another at £37,990, 46k miles, that's white with black wheels and every option under the sun bar Burmester and PCCB. Doubt I'll get them down to this kind of money even with it having been for sale for 10 weeks now.

How much of a miss would PDLS be?

Edited by kharma45

14 minutes ago, alank said:

i got pdls, and apart from them following the road, which is nice i suppose, i wouldnt not get a car if it didnt have them

Appreciate the feedback. We'll see about the 'megaspec' one in Newcastle now and if not working out £££ wise, I think I owe you a virtual pint. A great spot on this one.

If you did go for the £33900 one you will find those wheels a breeze to clean and polish , i was pi**ed after a couple of weeks of having mine as i was reversing i accidently kerb one, but a file and silver paint will do for now. Shame i havn't got tilting mirrors when reversing. ha,ha. I do like the 981 in White. Good luck

• Like 1

Alas sold this morning, had been trying to get a PPI arranged yesterday before committing to a deposit on it. Disappointing but not surprised it went so quickly. The downside to being in Northern Ireland and having to arrange things remotely. 

48 minutes ago, kharma45 said:

Alas sold this morning, had been trying to get a PPI arranged yesterday before committing to a deposit on it. Disappointing but not surprised it went so quickly. The downside to being in Northern Ireland and having to arrange things remotely. 

Not surprised that was priced very keenly. There will be others 👍

On 12/7/2021 at 12:01 PM, kharma45 said:

How much of a miss would PDLS be?

There was a confusing hierarchy of headlights when the 981 was released. In short, check for headlight washers. They did one (maybe on the 2.9) which were xenons, but without washers; turns out they were low power xenons, probably not much brighter than halogens. I wouldn’t want moving lights but I would want bright ones. 

On 12/8/2021 at 11:26 PM, daz05 said:

If the car has xenon's, which all s models do as standard retrofitting the pdls strength 35w lights is simple. 

Where would I get the 35w Xenons to repace the lower strength versions in my 981 CS please?

Have to say mine are better than the halogens ones in my old 987.2, but brigher is better if available...

Edited by andygo