Clutch pedal movement

zcacogp

Chaps, 

I have a question about clutches on 987, or more specifically the movement of clutch pedals. The car is a 987.1 2.7 Cayman with 112,000 miles. It's on the original clutch as far as I am aware. 

The car isn't used much but two weeks ago when I started driving it the clutch pedal felt odd. Clutch worked fine but the pedal return was lumpy and not as it should be. 
When it was next driven (Friday) the clutch pedal stuck most of the way down when it was first used. The clutch worked fine; you could use the remaining 20% of the pedal to engage and disengage it but it wouldn't return to the top position. After about 30 minutes / 20 miles of driving then it did return to the top position but felt 'odd' as it did two weeks ago. 
I've not done anything to it since then but google tells me that it could be any one of a number of things.

This post is to ask whether anyone else has direct, first-hand experience of this happening to their 987 and what the problem was? And also, given the symptoms, what should I be looking to do in order to troubleshoot it? I understand that the clutch and brake fluids are common and they share a reservoir. What I don't understand is how to bleed the clutch hydraulics. 

I'm hoping that this will simply be a problem with the hydraulics in some form but am aware that it may be the first stages of a failing clutch. 

Thanks for your help.