Low oil pressure!!

alank

Second post of the day, obviously nothing better to do. Anyway, got to work today, reversed into park spot, and noticed my oil pressure was 0.01 Bar, and marker was in the red. I always have that display on, and earlier in the morning noticed it was fine  ( 1.4Bar tickover). Stopped engine , restarted it and it was fine, just wondering how reliable this display is, as i would have expected a big  Yellow Oil Can to appear in my display ,and perhaps an audible ping to alert me of low oil pressure. Any thoughts,  cheers

You can’t manually check the oil level on a 981 it’s electronic and has no dipstick. Low oil pressure is not always linked to low oil level, I’d be very surprised if it’s lost nearly nine litres of oil unless you’ve a serious leak which you would have noticed or plumes of blue smoke coming from the exhaust. It may have been a little glitch but if not my money would be on a dodgy sensor or more seriously an internal issue with possibly the oil pump. I hope for your sake though it’s just a hiccup and doesn’t appear again. 

Went out today and used it the same as yesterday, parked up at work and had the normal 1.5 Bar at tickover,  and running around 2-2.5Bar,  so will forget about that. Right whats the next thing to worry about