Wet passenger footwell and pollen filter

Richc1981

Feeling a bit fed up, been suffering from wet door card  on the drivers side.  After spending the afternoon replacing the seal (and the noisy regulator while I was in there), I noticed the usually dry passenger footwell was soaking.  

I put my hand up behind the dash, wet there too.  Inspected the pollen filter and it was brimming with water!

Struggling to see how it’s getting in.  I noticed the rubbery half cover has about a 3 cm semi circle missing, looks like a mouse has nibbled it.  Could be new or old I don’t know.  Anyway I took the filter out, dried the housing and put the hose on to see if I could replicate it.  Not a drop!

I checked the three drains round the battery and they are clear, possibly could have been blocked but it was bone dry round them and they are a long way below the filter housing?

I guess I’ll order a new housing and gasket and see if that helps, just can’t understand it….

You might wont to look at my recent post regarding this as I have the same issue with water some how getting past the pollen filter and water in the passenger side footwell,  so I've taken the carpet out of the front to try and track were  its coming in , the only thing I can come up with,  if my car if faced downhill and it rains alot I get wet passenger side carpet,  if I turn the car the other way around bonnet facing uphill there is no water , I dont understand it either