Fitting Continental head Unit

300SL-24

Hi

I am wanting to fit a Continental CDD7418UB-OR HEAD UNIT to my Boxster.

At present I have the Bose system which I believe is option 680 MY-01 digital sound package MY 02- sound system Bose analog and 692 CD autochanger "Porsche"

I have read that it's not a straight forward changeover, can anyone enlighten me on this?

2 hours ago, 300SL-24 said:

Hi

I am wanting to fit a Continental CDD7418UB-OR HEAD UNIT to my Boxster.

At present I have the Bose system which I believe is option 680 MY-01 digital sound package MY 02- sound system Bose analog and 692 CD autochanger "Porsche"

I have read that it's not a straight forward changeover, can anyone enlighten me on this?

I bought my Continental head unit from Bergvill and they sell two different wiring harness’s so that it becomes a plug and play fit. There is a harness for a Porsche that has the basic head unit from the factory ( like my car) ie no Bose or amplifier and a different harness for cars with the bose and amplifier which is what you will need. I have to say it was very straightforward to fit the Continental to my car but I think it is a bit more involved fitting it to a car with your setup 

Not long fitted similar Continental unit. Bought from ebay seller shop in Germany 

Bergvill is very helpful on harness. Previous owner had butchered mine to fit some old iPod kit. But with Bergvill help it was a straight plug and play.

I fitted this, or a very similar continental about 12 months back. I did a DIY job on the connectors. The thing to remember is that the output from the HU is at speaker level rather than line out. What that means is you can not take the output from this unit and connect to an amplifier without first of all having a box of electrics that will take the level down so it can be fed into an amplifier. Unless you are into making this work yourself I would suggest speaking to somebody like BERGVILL F/X (bergvillfx.com) as they will have a plug and play connector for you. You will also probably need a DAB aerial. The only real place on the Boxster is the passenger side of the windscreen.