Window Regulator Position

skullandbiscuits

This might be a bit of a daft question…..

I have purchased to what I believe is a good second hand OEM Brose unit to test the water before splashing the cash on a new one from OPC. 

If you know the window alignment is off, would you not take the current glass position, or would you go with a default alignment position.

Confused….

I’ve just replaced mine and marked up the positions of the mounts at the bottom of the door and went with those. 
I tried marking the position of the glass but found I was able by slacking off the glass retainers to get a better fit between the glass and the door/ hood seals than I had before.
Only thing I would say is to put the ignition switch to position 1 before disconnecting the battery and leave it off for 15 mins before disconnecting the drivers door air bag.

***Note you will need to get the air bag light cleared when everything is reconnected.

***Im not sure what I did wrong if anything but this happened to me.

Cheers Dave

To prevent the alarm going off I think you turn key to pos 1, then back to off and leave it in place.  (I think that’s the sequence) 

then you can disconnect the main battery without the siren.  Leave it disconnected for 15 mins or so before poking around the airbag 

reconnect airbag before you reconnect battery and you shouldn’t get a warning light. 

I have managed to keep the alarm quiet by following these steps:

- turn key to position 1 and remove the battery's negative cable AND take out the front bonnet strike 'plate' (2 bolts)

- turn the key back to 'off' position and take out the key from lock (I have no private garage...)

- do the work needed

- intall the key and turn it to position 1

- connect the battery negative cable

- turn the key back to off position

- install the fron bonnet stiker 'plate'

So far the alerm has never went off if I have followed this sequence. Car is 2001 Boxster with manual.

• Like 1