Reversing Camera recommendations please?

Dubdubz

Hi I have a Pioneer SPH230DAB HU with a number plate light camera attached  - I didn't pay a lot for the camera and the image quality is pretty poor.

So I was after some recommendations for HD or 4K 😜 versions that fit in the number plate light aperture - I wasn't wanting to drill any holes in the Bumper cover really...

in case there is a what is the budget question - I'd go £50 for super high quality one I think. 
And I am also resigned to the fact the screen may be a limiting factor, but I thought it worthy of an ask in this wonderful place!

TIA

I have just fitted this a few days ago and very impressed. I am using a Pioneer SPH130DAB HU so can say it works fine!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08RB5FWK8?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title 

The screen in the Pioneer isn't HD or 4k so no use getting a camera of those resolutions as the screen can't display it.

Edited by Ti Rich

17 hours ago, Ti Rich said:

I have just fitted this a few days ago and very impressed. I am using a Pioneer SPH130DAB HU so can say it works fine!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08RB5FWK8?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title 

The screen in the Pioneer isn't HD or 4k so no use getting a camera of those resolutions as the screen can't display it.

Thanks, I’ll bear it in mind if I can’t find one that fits the number light recess that is better…

21 hours ago, Ti Rich said:

I had one in the numberplate light recess and removed it to fit this. It looked bad and the image quality was poor. The one I am using now looks OEM.

I still have the numberplate light camera if you want it.

Would you mind taking a pic? It was drilling the bumper cover I was avoiding. 

also I’d need to remember where I put the original number plate light 😬😂😂 thanks

Hi, I am currently in Asia and don’t have a photo on the new camera but this is the old number plate light one.

image1.jpg

It looks a bit ugly. The camera offset is wrong and can’t be adjusted either.

Fitting the new camera was easy. I just removed the same light and drilled a hope about 30mm over to the side. Easy to fit then. I will ask my son to take a picture of the new one. No need to remove the number as there is a void above. The new camera can also be rotated to get the alignment perfect.

Edited by Ti Rich