Gearbox leak from drivers side by the link.

fizz

So, whilst inspecting under the car noticed a leak from the gear box where the linkage attaches to the drivers side. 

Now it must have been there for time and it must be very slight as no issues with the gearbox when changing gear etc. 

9ZCXMID.jpg

KidO3Y6.jpg

Now my mate is not a Porsche guy and he said normally there's a clip on the side here where the part pivots but there doesn't appear to be one. 

How easy is it to replace this? 

dEcAkJi.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Fizz, 

Hope you don’t mind me reviving.

A quick one on the above - did you get this sorted?  We have the same car 03 S - my leak which appeared a little while back seems to be dripping a little more now so will need to get someone to investigate.  Everything I read tells me the gearbox needs to be split.

Advice welcome from those in the know.  
Thanks

8485E606-AF25-464A-98DE-3147139FD0FA.jpeg

0BE40E96-BDE3-42CA-9270-1D5FEC801AC8.jpeg

A4449778-E139-4585-A43C-2E12B4C5A705.jpeg

C7BD9EBE-B72D-4D3C-83A5-2C41F7A2F87C.jpeg

2 hours ago, Minispeed77 said:

Hope you don’t mind me reviving.

A quick one on the above - did you get this sorted?

Dont mind at all mate.. :) 

I didnt bother with messing with it in the end as it's not dripping and going by the way it looked the mechanic wasnt too concerned with it but i thought id ask on here just in case anyone else had dealt with it. (also had other higher things on the 'to do' list at the time)

Sorry to hear yours is getting worse. Please let us know how you get on with it as im sure others like myself would find it useful and good luck! 

Edited by fizz

21 minutes ago, Minispeed77 said:

Been saving the pennies to get those Koni shocks and H&R springs I have to go on but we will see what they say.

it will be worth the wait mate... trust me! 🦙

• Like 1