alarm module

alank

Just split my alarm module to replace battery and noticed that the battery has leaked and damaged the pcb. So a new one is needed , the part is 1K8 951 605 B    has anyone fitted one with the Prefix  C on the end, not B.  may be just the latest model,  thanks

just spoke to OPC new one is £217 inc, the part number apparantly is PAB 951605, mine is 1K8 951 605C fitted. Must be new version ?  

May have just fixed mine, had it under the micro scope and repaired the damage tracks and surface mount components, will plug in later and wait for the bang!!

• 2 months later...

I have just replaced my sounder unit with a part number ending in F (which was what was in it already) but still have a problem. Alarm is triggering correctly, hazards flash but no alarm sound…. Not sure where to go next. Any suggestions welcome. 

6 hours ago, Cammie said:

I have just replaced my sounder unit with a part number ending in F (which was what was in it already) but still have a problem. Alarm is triggering correctly, hazards flash but no alarm sound…. Not sure where to go next. Any suggestions welcome. 

Had the same issue when I test fitted one from my Golf same part no. Ending F. Porsche one worked. 

Keep it connected and see if it works after being connected and charged for a while.

16 hours ago, daz05 said:

Had the same issue when I test fitted one from my Golf same part no. Ending F. Porsche one worked. 

Keep it connected and see if it works after being connected and charged for a while.

Sadly @daz05 a whole day of it being connected to the car and there is no change. Still not sounding. It’s a brand new item on the same 1K0951605F part number but do you think I they are coded specifically for make/model ?

• 2 months later...