Dashcam fitted (at last)

Tonecontroller

Finally got around to attaching a compact dashcam, which has taken a bit of faffing as I didn't want to run a cable from the fuse panel or the lighter socket, so I stripped a TomTom power adapter and hid it in the dome light housing, taking power off the lamp supply.
Mounted high up on the screen, it does not intrude on the driver's vision at all, and the cable is barely visible.

• Like 1

Small addition to this, which is nothing to do with the fitting itself.
The dashcam comes with a lighter-socket power supply, so if you want to use it in parking mode in the 986, you can unplug the power from the camera and connect it to the lighter socket which appears to be permanently powered.
Having a dangling cable while parked, I can live with...

Mine was installed with a permanent feed from the fusebox by (wait for it) Halfords..... However the installation was flakey, or the cable itself is dodgy and it means the camera powers on and off as it feels like while I'm driving. I just ran a cable from the dashcam to the cigarette lighter socket and live with a bit of dangling cable. It may not be pretty but it works. And honestly it doesn't bother me.

The same Einstein installed a crappy digital antenna which doesn't work and annoys me as it sits right on the driver's side of the windscreen. It's not too bad as I can ignore it whilst I have been dealing with other things on the car and still have a few more jobs to do, but removing all his crappy, shoddy work and replacing the stereo and speakers is definitely on the agenda.