Double beep after locking - cabin sensor?

Photogirl

Hi all,

I’d love some thoughts from those of you who may have experienced the double horn beep - approximately 20 seconds after locking the car with the key press. I have my suspicions as to what the cause might be but since I’m far from an expert I would appreciate any thoughts.

I've just got Bambi back from the workshop, having had quite a lot of work done. This work involved lifting and refitting the Zeintop, disconnecting various electrics etc.

I’m of the view that a cabin sensor has perhaps been disturbed based on the following tests I’ve just carried out (my fault code reader wasn’t helpful because it’s very basic):

·        There is a short double beep approximately 20 seconds after locking the car with the key fob. All compartments are properly closed (if they weren’t there would be a short single beep). The doors remain locked therefore I am not suspecting a problem with a door module

·        if I lock the car by using the key in the door instead, the double beep doesn’t happen. If I then unlock the car in the same way and open the door the alarm sounds - therefore I’ve concluded there is no fault with the alarm itself

·        if I lock the door using the key fob with the window down, and then stick my arm in and wave it around the alarm does not sound, hence my view it is a sensor fault

Given that the cabin sensors appear to be in a module right next to the roof centre latch I’m thinking something in that vicinity could have been bumped during the works. I’m wondering if it might be something as simple as a cable detaching itself.

In theory I could pop the module out to examine it, but since this fault wasn’t present prior to the works it might be best if I drop the car back to the workshop for an opinion. But before doing that I thought it would be useful to get views from others who may have had the exact same thing happen – I could be completely wrong in my assumptions.