High beam LED bulbs

Dosthilldave

Just fitted Nighteye LED dipped beam bulbs. Very happy. The fitting was a doddle and the beam, to my eyes, is far better, much brighter, whiter and seemingly better illumination, whilst still giving a nice sharp cutoff and no dazzling.

Problem now is that high beam appears irritatingly yellow.

Has anyone found a good LED lamp, H9 I believe, that fits into the 987 headlight allowing the rear plate to be fitted, that gives a nice clear white light?

• Like 1

I've wondered about his too, but the LED lamp would be visible in the headlamp cluster, which means the MOT tester could fail it as they are not legally approved. The dipped LEDs are safe because they are instant on and covered by the lens, not just open in the lamp cluster and of course the testers are not allowed to dismantle to inspect. Similarly with the HID kits, although not visible they have a slight delay on switch on which I remember reading in one of the MOT advisory missives, would result in a MOT fail. So since reading that I stopped using my HID kit and switched to LED and put up with the mildly yellow of the high beam, when I can ever use it🤪