ASSCO light weight flywheel

El Vikingo Tropical

I just want to say how satisfied I am with my aluminium flywheel and Sachs performance clutch, the car is still smooth and easy to drive, but with much better engine response.

One thing I didn’t like before was when making double clutch downshift, the engine wasn’t loosing revs fast enough, now it’s much better!

In other words, “A upgrade I recommend 100%”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ninesomething said:

I've considered this if my clutch ever goes but so many people say it makes the car hard to drive smoothly. Which I always thought meant they were leadfooted. Glad to hear a good review. 👍

The car loose just little bit smoothness, nothing to worry about, other hand the car is much more exacting to drive!

Talking economy:

Pending on how you are as driver, the OEM dualmass flywheel doesn't last long and is expensive to change, the lightweight aluminium units will last more or less forever, once the friction surface begin to be wasted you just change this surface, as it’s a steel disc bolted to the aluminium flywheel, in other word you save on mantinence.  
 If you are the little bit more of the “sporty kind of driver” I can’t see why not swap for solid lightweight flywheel  when you’re up for changing your old OEM unit due to mantinence!

• Like 1

Fitted one to my Octavia 1.8 vRS track car. Felt standard without any issues.

Fitted one to my previous 5.5 TVR with a twin plate clutch. Definitely reved quicker than standard.

I would do this to my Boxster when it requires a clutch.

I went up at local mountain roads today (from sea level up to 1500 high meters) with four friends and their 987s, at the way up we went changing and testing each other cars, after that we had a stop at local grill for T-bones and to discuss regarding my new flywheel and sport clutch swap, the general opinion was all of them want to do the same at their cars during next clutch change 😂..