Roof issue

Graemep7ii

Hi guys and gals , I've an issue that has just started with the closing process with my roof, when I close the roof the windows do not drop to allow the roof to align and close properly,  when I open the roof as soon as I unlatch the forward centre release the windows drop as they should and once the roof is opened the windows go back up as they should. Both windows drop and go back up when I open either of the doors , so does anyone have an idea what the problem could be, I was thinking it could  be the switch to open and close in the console? But not sure if this has a microswitch to drop the windows , any help would be appreciated.  Thanks G

3 hours ago, Ninesomething said:

Yeah there's a microswitch where the latch is. Often the culprit. I'm sure there are a few yd vids to show the way.

Hi ninesomething , the microswitch in the forward latch is working , the windows drop when unlatched and once the roof is stowed the windows return to fully up , it's when I close the roof the windows don't drop to allow the roof to align , I can drop the windows with the window switches and it closes properly.  So I was wondering if there is a microswitch in the roof operation switch beside the handbrake.