987.1 front brake pipes

832ark

Hi, I’m looking to renew the front brake lines on my 987.1 but can’t really find any useful guides or even diagrams. I presume each line is a single piece from the ABS module to the wheel well? Could do with knowing how they route - has anyone done this recently?

TIA

1 hour ago, 832ark said:

Hi, I’m looking to renew the front brake lines on my 987.1 but can’t really find any useful guides or even diagrams. I presume each line is a single piece from the ABS module to the wheel well? Could do with knowing how they route - has anyone done this recently?

TIA

I recently did mine while I did the cross over pipes. 

the passenger side is straight forward, I bought the line direct from Porsche for not much money. 

the driver’s side is a lot harder. As I did mine with the sub frame down and the coolant pipes out it was fine. I’d say you probably can’t do it with removing the sub frame. Which isn’t that difficult to be honest. 

2 hours ago, Jow said:

I recently did mine while I did the cross over pipes. 

the passenger side is straight forward, I bought the line direct from Porsche for not much money. 

the driver’s side is a lot harder. As I did mine with the sub frame down and the coolant pipes out it was fine. I’d say you probably can’t do it with removing the sub frame. Which isn’t that difficult to be honest. 

Thanks for that, not sure I fancy dropping the subframe TBH. Does the driver’s side run over the top of the crossover pipes?

Dropping the subframe is really a piece of cake if you are used to a bit of spannering and can give yourself some access. The brake line runs across the car above the subframe clipped to the tunnel under the fuel tank. Quite obvious when you get down there, there is nothing technical, just a procedure to do the job. 
I recently renewed my pipes plus all four of the short pipes to each caliper on my 986. I made up my own lines, using copper pipe and a simple brake pipe forming tool.

• Thanks 1