Cat hangers bracketery?

phazed

I have a Toyo exhaust system fitted and am wondering if I need any additional brackets to what is fitted.

The cats are bolted at one end on to the manifolds and the other end on to the U bends on the main silencer. They are not supported elsewhere. The main exhaust bolts on at the rear on the original mounting point.

The cats have a mounting point on each of them but there isn't anywhere to bolt these to if you are not using the original silencer.

Should I fabricate something to support the middle of the cats, (and iff so, where to bolt to?) or is the support at each end enough? The cats are not that heavy and at this point, I am not overly concerned...I think!

ZMd2KB4.jpg

No need in my opinion and experience, the connection to the manifold is pretty solid and you’d be putting the cat under stress if you tried to secure it elsewhere. Mine has been quite happy only supported at that end after the connection to the U bend rusted away😬

b0JAco8.jpeg

5 hours ago, phazed said:

I have a Toyo exhaust system fitted and am wondering if I need any additional brackets to what is fitted.

The cats are bolted at one end on to the manifolds and the other end on to the U bends on the main silencer. They are not supported elsewhere. The main exhaust bolts on at the rear on the original mounting point.

The cats have a mounting point on each of them but there isn't anywhere to bolt these to if you are not using the original silencer.

Should I fabricate something to support the middle of the cats, (and iff so, where to bolt to?) or is the support at each end enough? The cats are not that heavy and at this point, I am not overly concerned...I think!

ZMd2KB4.jpg

How are you getting on with that exhaust? How loud is it, does it drone badly, and did you fit it yourself? Fit ok?

I'm considering one myself.

Not as loud as I thought. In fact I believe it is slightly quieter than initially.

Fitted myself easily, (2 post lift at home).

had to shorten the 2 bends and tails of the new cats to enable a good fit.

Drone not as bad as I thought it would be but I would prefer the standard sound as I prefer quieter cars, (by comparison).

I much prefer the sound of the switchable exhaust on my RS60…

I fitted the Toyo system for lightness and cost!

• Thanks 1