Favour from someone that has Standard PSE....

Dubdubz

I had the bypass mod done on my old car by John Ashley exhausts in Walsall. Charged me £150 and it sounded great. Did it all without dropping the exhaust. Took about 2 hours IIRC and he hadn't done a 987 before - only a 986. £650 is insanity. IIRC H&S take the whole system off and do it on the bench.

Ashley exhausts, that’s a blast from the past! They built me a 4” tipped back box for my MG Metro, it looked ridiculous but I was about 18 and it was the thing 😂 it sounded awesome but it did actually melt on of the hydroelastic suspension pipes resulting in my car being on the floor when I came out the gym 😩My mechanic had to jack it up and wedge a couple of wooden blocks under the arms so I could carefully drive it home for repair 😂😂😂

• 4 weeks later...

so as a slight update I did manage to source a siezed one off of the Bay siezed closed as I understand on both sides...
@toby_b any pointers on the unseizing? 
I do tend to have sport on quite a bit 

Although this somewhat single minded mission to get back to a stock PSE is perhaps short sighted - does the standard one still sound good?
I guess I will be in a postion to try and then decide...

then I can either sell my aftermarket stainless one and stick with Porsche or sell the repaired PSE ....