Young persons boxster s insurance

hi,

i m thinking of buying an x reg boxster s, i currently drive a civic type r, i m 23 and have 4 years ncb, has anybody got experience of insuring this type of car at a young age.

Thanks in advance guys

saint.

I've been looking a t getting a boxster for a fair while so have been looking into the insurance thing. I'm lucky enought to be able to use my brother's policy as he doesn't have a car ( 8 NCB). I'm nearly 21, no insurance company will touch anyone under 21 in my experience (still got to wait a month before my birthday and my boxster arrives). Anyway, try elephant put your mum (or some other female) on the policy as a named driver and it reduces it by about 10% (don't know why).

A policy with my brother as policy holder and my mum and I as named drivers on a new 987 2.7 is just over £1350. Without me it's £810ish.

Good luck!

Hi saint I've read your posts over on the civic forum. I am in the same boat as you..I'll let you know if I find a good tracker dealer.

Hi,

Elephant insured my Boxster S for just under £1800 and i'm also 23 (with 3 years ncb). Tesco's was a bit cheaper but they wouldn't insure me unless i got a tracker first. I didn't think it was worth it at the time so went with Elephant.

both elephant and admiral insured me when i got the box S, that was from 21-23 years old.... paid appx 1500 - then went down to about 1100 but only as a named driver under the ole girl!

Strange that, adding my wife knocks a bit of cash off but it is her who adds the dents, which in the end cost far more than I would originally save.

Solution: Add her but don't tell her :lol:

I'm 22 with 5 years ncb, 3 speeding points.

I have a 2000 986 S and Elephant insure it for £2200.

By having my parents as named drivers it drops the price by £300.

This was by far the best price i found. everyone else wanted £4000 or more.

Tesco who I was with at the time said they wouldn't touch me. I had a Civic Type-R before the boxster too.

Another tip is to say you use another car on a regular basis. You could even say you drive your Dad's car once a week - after all, how frequest is regular. (got this tip from my mate who works at Admiral Insurance)

Hope this helps.

When I was 23 (those were the days!) I was getting quotes for around £1900 for all models of boxsters (2.5, 2.7, 3.2) The 3.2 being the cheapest for some reason! Tesco were the cheapest at the time!

Ended up increasing the excess with tesco and paying 1500 ish for the first year with 2years NCB!!!!

Now coming up to my 25th Birthday I have just been quoted £695.10 with 4 years NCB......

• 1 month later...
When I was 23 (those were the days!) I was getting quotes for around £1900 for all models of boxsters (2.5, 2.7, 3.2) The 3.2 being the cheapest for some reason! Tesco were the cheapest at the time!

Ended up increasing the excess with tesco and paying 1500 ish for the first year with 2years NCB!!!!

Now coming up to my 25th Birthday I have just been quoted £695.10 with 4 years NCB......

I'm looking at those jaw dropping figures and thinking that's a real :slap: .

At 24, clean slate and 7 years NCB, tesco's quoted me for the 3.2s approx £1,950.

All the others were either ridiculously expensive or not prepared to provide cover. However, Elephant seemed to be the cheapest at £1,750, but this is with an additional £250 on the excess. It touches £2k when you remove this.

However, a firm going by the name of maxinsurance.co.uk seem to do things differently. They base your quotes on your current cars and whether you have experience with such machines. Its almost like the chicken and egg scenario, but if you got big and powerful cars in the family, then just mention them. You're bound to get a better deal. A quick call and it seems i can get a £1,520 quote out of them.

Regards

Popolou

I've just had a quote of £673.67 on mine which is what I will go with......

£520 xs, unlimited Windscreen (£60 xs), Protected NCB, 90 days EU cover fully comp incl, unlimited stereo, and TPTF on any other car....

The company is Direct Choice (my Golf is with them too) they have a website but that was quoting me £1400+ Last year they were competitive over the phone so I phoned them again!

£520 xs, unlimited Windscreen (£60 xs), Protected NCB, 90 days EU cover fully comp incl, unlimited stereo, and TPTF on any other car....

The company is Direct Choice (my Golf is with them too) they have a website but that was quoting me £1400+ Last year they were competitive over the phone so I phoned them again!

Well, i gave them a call and despite me being in the same boat, they quoted 5 time more than Elephants.

Whats up with this?! I mentionned what you managed to get off them, but she just suggested you to give them a call to confirm what you got!!

What insureres are you with exactly, and more importantly, what on earth did you say to get it soooo low?

Regards

Popolou

Well, i gave them a call and despite me being in the same boat, they quoted 5 time more than Elephants.

Whats up with this?! I mentionned what you managed to get off them, but she just suggested you to give them a call to confirm what you got!!

What insureres are you with exactly, and more importantly, what on earth did you say to get it soooo low?

Regards

Popolou

I'd better ring them back and check, although Churchill have also come in at £695 so its not far from that! Mine is a 2.5 too which seem to be cheaper now! When I was originally looking at Boxsters the 3.2 and 2.7's were cheaper to insure for me, don't know how that worked out!

I told them what Churchill had quoted, and they went away to the under writers then came back with the quote, the Underwriters are Alliance and Cornhill!

They done really well on the Golf also when I had to insure that, considering I had to start a new policy with 0 NCB they done that for just over £400 unlimited miles incl business Fully Comp!

Archived