Why use a broker?

Guest Robdow

Guest Robdow

OK. It's time to renew my insurance. Me and Mrs D, age 30 and 28. 2001 2.7 garaged at night in rural Cambirdgeshire. Fitted with a tracker. Full NCB.

Existing insurers are the Norwich Union (through a broker.) Current premium £1K. Renewal £1434 :o

Broker suggests a different policy with Cornhill. Premium £1216 :cry:

So I give Tesco a check: £815. WTF ? :woot::D

Before I wander off and save myself £600, anyone got any particular horror stories about Tesco?

I was always sceptical of brokers, since they have to make money somehow, :money: but for the last 4 years my broker in Bath has always managed to beat any on-line quote :P:):)

Try A-Plan on 01225 469111.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

Guest Robdow
I was always sceptical of brokers, since they have to make money somehow, :money: but for the last 4 years my broker in Bath has always managed to beat any on-line quote :P:):)

Try A-Plan on 01225 469111.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

Thanks Mark. Might give them a call.

R

I've had three cars insured with Tesco's over the past 2 years, had no cause for consern.

i double checked with them that any repair work that had to be done to the boxster would be done via a porsche recommended body shop.

you can cut cost more if you opt not to have a replacement car while yours is being repaired.(if it's your fault)and if you have tracker fitted.

Both cars are with Tesco and things have been sort of fine, I would make sure that you check an ddouble check your poliy when it comes in as they have a habit of putting down the wrong info... well they have done this three times so far on my policies

Cheers

Phil

but for the last 4 years my broker in Bath has always managed to beat any on-line quote

This can happen, although rarely. My mother works for Norwich Union, and even with the not-so-generous staff discount she can get a cheaper price going with an external broker. She says this is because they do very heavy discounting with brokers because of the administration burden taken on by the broker....and the broker can then pass the discount on to customers. Tends to ony work with fairly low-risk customers though.

Tesco paid out my 45k write off with relatively little hassle B) . Did take 7 weeks though and only supply courtesy car for two weeks (that is with added supplement paid) :vmad:

Archived