Young driver

hi jim,

i am 24. i hunted high and low for quotes and got some c. £6k!

best place i found, and am yet to beat altho' am welcome to ideas and offers, was and still is TESCO.COM.

£1800 sounds in the right ball park. you're very unlikely to get it below the £1500 mark. if you do, i would much a appreciate a private message cos i will change mine!

p

Your lucky 23 years old and £1800, I have just paid £2150 for insure my Boxster 2.7 and im 24 years old! that was also with Tesco who were the cheapest by quite a long way to compare with other insurers. I currently have just 3 points - SP50.

Endsleigh are always worth trying. Always heard very good things.

Got a quote from Eagle Star: Boxster 2.7, 35, 4 years NCB, £ 250, Drive way, Cambridge address £ 1050. Rang Endsleigh and they matched it straight away. So if you are unsure of the service you may get from others, may be worth a try.

Simon

Tesco have proved to be the cheapest so far, 1.4k for a 2.7 and an extra £50 for a 'S' which is much cheaper than expected! I think there must be a fault on their website, got a bit carried away and I got a quote for 911 Turbo and that was only 1.6k...! :o

Try Adrian Flux on line he just deals with performance cars. Endsleigh are very good and also access on there to lots of other sports car insurers who you may not have heard of.

Try Admiral -

I'm 30, Boxster MY02 2.7, with 5 years NCB and I pay about £750 - www.admiral.com. They have been very good whenever i've needed to change anything on the policy and get this - u don't sit in a queue for days on end - now theres a novel approach to Customer Service ;)

l8rs

james

I checked many insurance companies out, and ended up sticking with Admiral (who insured my Golf 1.8T previously). Elephant were marginally cheaper, however my history was well documentd with Admiral so for the sake of £20 it is as well to stick with who you know, and who knows you.

They came in a just under £800 for a MY03 Boxster S with an insured value of just under 43K including the factory fitted 'extras', and as I am 33 with no points, no claims, and FPNCD I thought that this was reasonale considering the price of the car.

FWIW... the car's risk address is my parents house as they live out in the suburbs, and have a garage, where the car is stored 5 days a week.

I only use it a w/e when i am home from work, where I leave it outside my flat, in the street. I advised Admiral of this and they were fine about this usage, as the car is predominantly garaged' each night for the main part.

JIM/duarte,

have you both tried tesco?

JIM,

sounds reasonable/maybe a little high as its a 2.5. i got a lower quote than that on my 2.7 and i am 24.

duarte

depends how young you are... if you say 17/18 i say forget it or expect to pay thousands. well in excess of £3,000 which is the lowest base insurance with no NCD for a 24 year old.

you really need to consider how much you want the car and price it into the buying price, cos i'd imagine that an 18 year old buying a £25k 2.5 boxster will be paying £5k a year to insure fully comp (if you can find an insurer that is). difficult to stomach that by the time you are 23 you will have paid for the car again in insurance premiums.

keep trying and dont accept until you are sure you cannot get it cheaper. for what its worth porsche offered me silly figures £4-5k!

hope this helps

p

Archived