More Than.................

Purdie

Just got a call from More Than after I insured my Box with them 2 weeks ago.

They dont insure performance cars and an 'error' on the website wrongly allowed a quote to be made.

Policy cancelled from 10th sept and £25 of M&S vouchers for my trouble.

Professional bunch eh? :angry:

They dont insure performance cars and an 'error' on the website wrongly allowed a quote to be made.

Professional bunch eh?  :angry:

They gave me a quote on mine a week ago.

Professional bunch eh?   :angry:

Well if you accepted it expect a phone call shortly. :D

Well if you accepted it expect a phone call shortly. :D

Gets worse,Ive just phoned them and they say

'yes we do insure porsche boxsters,Ill check with the manager'...'yes we do'

So their left hand dont know what the rights doing

...until you need to make a claim, and then they'll say "did we say we cover Boxsters? What we meant was 'no, we don't.'"

Ive just had a mare of a time with "The AA"

Stay well clear of them.

:cry: sh1t I wish had read that this morning as I have just taken a policy out with the AA today. It was the cheapest I could get £455.

I found Sainsburys to be excellent and their customer service is the best ive ever used.

I was with Sainsbury's last year and didn't think they were helpful when someone hit my car in the carpark at work. Took them 9 months to sought the claim out :vmad: .

I suppose there all as bad as each other at the end of the day, trying to wriggle out of paying anything.

Not only that but the web site is STILL giving me a quote.

On the telephone they say they are aware of this and the website is 'in the process of being ammended.'

:) Great eh

Ive just had a mare of a time with "The AA"

Stay well clear of them.

:cry: sh1t I wish had read that this morning as I have just taken a policy out with the AA today. It was the cheapest I could get £455.

I found Sainsburys to be excellent and their customer service is the best ive ever used.

I was with Sainsbury's last year and didn't think they were helpful when someone hit my car in the carpark at work. Took them 9 months to sought the claim out :vmad: .

I suppose there all as bad as each other at the end of the day, trying to wriggle out of paying anything.

I crashed my Boxster with Sainsburys and they were out inspecting it with 24hrs and authorised it there and then :beer:

If they give you a Quote and you accept it and all the details are correct do they have a right to terminate it ?

This was my initial stance but I was politely refered to the small print which says they can terminate the contract at any time and for any reason. -_-

More Than quoted me £140 less than the PCGB scheme through A.Manning brokers, and £220 less than my renewal with eSure.

I read the small print for MoreThan policy - we may use copy parts during repair to keep costs down - NO thank you.

Went with A.Manning which is actually Allianz Cornhill, with all factroy fitted extras covered FOC and track day cover included too (xs increases to £1k on track days).

What!!

I agreed to insure mine through them last week as they offered the best quote for me by far (£760 fully comp with a SP30). I even confirmed it on the phone for my policy which starts today :(

Phone them,I did today and the bangladesh call center will assure you that after conference with their manager that they will insure you.Did to me.KNow nothing about the c0ckup on the internet site.

They want sh*gg*ng with a spikey pineapple.

Just phoned them again and they have reassured me that they will insure any car to group 18.But the BoXa is 19 says I.We insure boxas says they.But its group 19 says I.

err,well,yes we insure boxas says mr very bad english.

Set of fekwits.

A Manning UK Ltd

73A Reading Road

Henley-on-Thames

Oxfordshire

RG9 1AX

Phone: 01491 578759

Fax: 01491 577123

Ask for Martyn Murphy

You need to provide a PCGB membership number to qualify for the Porsche scheme, but if its cheap enough then its worth joining just for the insurance.

• 4 weeks later...
Everyones circumstances are different, as is their driving history.

Anything over 7k miles pa is classed as unlimited on the Porsche scheme.

You have me worried. I insured with More Than as well - very cheap (by about £200), and I had all the details confirmed over the phone. It was just under 2 weeks ago!! I have all the documents etc., so what should I do - keep quiet??

Archived