Liverpool Victoria

Simon

I witnessed an accident back in July, gave the guy my details and left it at that. He was faffing around and in the wrong lane and was hit as a result, but he was static at the time. Anyway, his insurer called me and said they would send me a form. I asked did they want me to spell my surname as everyone gets it wrong and it really annoys me (it contains around 10 letters). Anyway, a few weeks later I get a letter through adressed to 'Mr XXX' which I open and find it is a form asking me (or rather Mr XX - 3 letters in this name) to explain what I saw. There was a whole page of disclaimers about how they will use my information / my details and share it with other insurers to prevent fraud and loads of other stuff so I just chucked it in the bin - if they put all those disclaimers in, and cannot even spell my name right then then can clear off. Anyway, I get another letter the same and one more asking me to call their offices this time on a nice 0870 number so again I bin it. So yesterday a guy from the insurers calls me up and asks for 'Mr XXX' - once we get over that one he asks if I have a spare 20mins to talk over what happened on the phone, I said no, not at the moment. I told him to send me a form and I will fill it out so which he says 'no, it has to be done face to face' and he then says he will come round my house and we can talk there - I told him to get lost. He then gets stroppy and says it would be better to spend 20mins on the phone now rather be summoned to appear as a witness in court. I say I am busy and must go to which he says 'never in 15 years has anyone ever said they are too busy to be a witness'.

I couldn't believe it - the cheek of the guy. Feel a bit sorry for their client mind as it was not really his fault, but they will put his premium up regardless anyway.

I have witnessed accidents before and a signed form is sufficient.

Steer clear of Liverpool Victoria Insurance.............if you claim they will fek it up.

You stubborn B@stard!

You should have given you mobile number that way at least it costs the insurance company an arm and a leg.

In defence of LV we had 2 winter holidays booked and had a yearly travel insurance with them. Anyway Wifes pregnant and we have to cancel.....

Forms sent, filled in sent back...... 2 cheques less Excess turn up :D

Its not their fault you have a silly long name Mc Doddlestrand!

Cheers

PaulN :inocent:

When I write it down, and offer to spell it then I expect them to get it right, or at least near.

If for example it was Mc Doddlestrand, I'd regard Dod as a bad effort as spelling it!!!

It was the disclaimers about what they will do with my data that swung my mind.

I had a letter form the OPC recently trying to flog me one of their overpriced, second-hand old bangers. My surname is Wxxxn, they addressed it Mr Wrigglesworth. :lol::rolleyes:

They have to do that as there is a central database holding info from all of the insurers so that they can identify rings of fraudsters and hence stop insurance fraud and reduce our insurance costs.

I can understand your frustration, but it seems a bit harsh on the poor guy that got hit. Imagine that you were on the other side - you are about to lose your NCB and pay an extra £XXX for insurance next year bacause someone is getting ar53y about spelling :( .

Cheers,

Mike.

They have to do that as there is a central database holding info from all of the insurers so that they can identify rings of fraudsters and hence stop insurance fraud and reduce our insurance costs.

I can understand your frustration, but it seems a bit harsh on the poor guy that got hit. Imagine that you were on the other side - you are about to lose your NCB and pay an extra £XXX for insurance next year bacause someone is getting ar53y about spelling :( .

Cheers,

Mike.

All very true.

Unfortunately doing the right thing nowadays seems to come at a price and you have my sympathy.

But if your going to give your details as a witness to things such as accidents you've got to be prepared for the mass of paperwork/phonecalls and various other boll0cks that goes with it, all of which will inevitabley be dealt with be an overseas call centre who really couldnt care a t0ss whether they spell your name right.

The fact that they need to disclose how they will use your data etc. is just another example of how screwed up this country has become :cry:

Archived