OPC loan car insurance?

Hayzer

My car is booked into my local OPC next Wednesday and they have asked me to arrange cover for the loan car (Cayenne 3.2) is this normal practice ? . They also said they could insure me if I paid the admin fee any ideas how much they would charge.

My car is booked into my local OPC next Wednesday and they have asked me to arrange cover for the loan car (Cayenne 3.2) is this normal practice ? . They also said they could insure me if I paid the admin fee any ideas how much they would charge.

I just call up my insurance who arrange temporary cover. They charge me £7 a day and increase the excess. You need to take your insurance docs and d license in usually!

I just call up my insurance who arrange temporary cover. They charge me £7 a day and increase the excess. You need to take your insurance docs and d license in usually!

Usually you would get charged about £10-£15 from the OPC for insurance for the day. They would have a Motor Traders policy with automatic loan car cover. I presume the admin cost would be to delete the Collision Damage Waiver. IMHO I would always take their insurance, as if you prang it your own NCB is not affected! :D

Dickie

£15 is what Sheffield charges. Not sure if thats per day as have only ever needed it for one at a time.

The admin charge is to cover the cost of their tiem to call up and add you to their policy - you need to check the excess, its likely to be at least £1k

I just take temporary cover with my own insurer - never ever been charged an admin fee :D

I have never been charged nor signed any form regarding loan car insurance; if they tried that with me they would never get my repeat business.

Be tough and you shall receive :D

It's standard practice now I think. I get a temp policy from my normal insurer at £10-15 per day with all the same excess etc.

It's handy for me as my licence is not as clean as it once was :whistle:

My insurance company wanted extra £15 for a days cover on an loan car, the OPC wanted £20, went with the OPC as it was less hassle and I thought if I did prang the BRAND NEW (46m) Box S - Fully loaded (and I mean fully) it would be better if they sorted it out!

Newcastle OPC asked me to sign insurance docs etc for a Cayenne loaner. Didn't charge me though... They have a sign up top say it will be £15 per day. I have had a loaner for up to four days without charge..

Archived