Adrian Flux

My windscreen cracked this weekend, so I checked my policy. The excess is £60 so I called Flux to sort out a new one. Lady on the phone says that the excess is £90, not £60. I explained that it says £60 on my policy. She replied;

"There are additional excesses described in the policy document attached to the back of the certificate". I couldn't find it on the phone as theres reams of paper, but I said "Thats a bit sneaky. It says my excess for theft is £100. How much is it really then?". "£300" came the reply.

Feekin' cheeky SOBs! She then said "You need to look through all the documentation, as excesses are detailed on different pages, then add them all up".

WTF?!!!

Anyhow, called autoglass, and the policy that they picked up said excess of £60, so :licki: to the insurers!!!!

Got lots of reading tonight to see how much all of my excesses really are!! Check your policys people. I hate insurance companies, and I hope I never need to use them. Like Sky Customer Services and car salesmen, they are all sneaky underhanders who really don't care as long as they get your money. Grrrrrrrrrr....

Paul.

Archived