Young drivers insurance

Hi peeps,

My bro who's 24 has just been quoted £5000 for his renewal on a 03 corsa which is shocking. The numbty had a bump last sept and the other people involved (driver and passenger). Last year he paid around £1000 would it really jump up that muc just for one bump in 6 years?

I've shopped around on the comparison sites etc for him and found one for £1300 with admiral but when he's called there saying £1900 over the phone even when the ref number from the comparison site.

Can anyone else recommend any other companies?

Cheers peeps

I'm only 25 and pay £1000 for my 987 with Adrian Flux, plus my last car got wrote off and I have 3 points! Just shop around.

The current insurer obviously doesn't want the business anymore!

I've shopped around on the comparison sites etc for him and found one for £1300 with admiral but when he's called there saying £1900 over the phone even when the ref number from the comparison site.

I would push them on this and find out why.

Admiral and Elephant have both been competitive for my 19 year old son who now pays around £1100 for a group 1 car with 1 bump and an SP40.

Yes push Admiral - when insuring the Box they actually said their prices could vary each day depending on what offers they were doing, as a requote a month on was 30% more - they did beat the orig quote when I pushed. Guess a month end when they are trying to hit targets/quota's might be a good time? :smile_anim:

Tried again today as did he best is admiral at £1300. There are a couple that come on at £1100 but he has to have a box fitted to his dash to track various things. It's limited to 7k mileage so he's worried of going over it and being charged.

Archived