Car insurance joke again!

Amusing insurance p*** take.

Boxster insurance due so vultures swooping via telephone, mail, email etc.

Received mail from RIAS promising low cost insurance "for over 50s" (that's me and some) where I'm not subisidising boy racers and obviously because "I'm over 50, more careful and take care of my car and am more experienced" ??? etc. etc. Alzheimers propensity doesn't seem to affect matters with this team.

I quote from their publicity: "20% of new RIAS customers ..... paid less than £195". Obviously that's for me so online I go.

Current insurance for Boxster 3.2S 2003 is £358 and for Merc E500 2005 £378.

Online quote from RIAS £2188.73. No comment necessary.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable follow up call. That should be funny.

Sorry, John, this is probably my fault. I had someone drive into the back of me late last year. Thankfully they just got on with processing things at their end so I didn't have to pay. Then dealt with i) my insurance company ii) the people they refer to to process the claim iii) an other group who are asigned to deal with the car hire iv) an other group who were (and six months on, still are) trying to get me to sue for back pain I don't have and that I never will claim for. Etc, etc. I lost count of the number of different companies that phoned me for a different element of this claim.

I believe there is now supposed to be a stamp down on all this inefficiency that drives up premiums (not that you will need to accept £2.2k if you can get it for £350!)

Saga are apparently very good for people of our vintage, nice sideline in holidays too.

I recently gave them a call but didn't have my reading glasses on and got Sega trying to sell me a games console.

I'm over 50 and insured my boxster 987 S with Admiral, cost me £450 ish with my mrs as named driver.

Worth giving them a call.

That's a very good deal!

Out of interest are we ancients in the majority here ?

I'm over 50 and insured my boxster 987 S with Admiral, cost me £450 ish with my mrs as named driver.

That's a very good deal!

Yes it's typically fat bald middle aged men that can afford to buy, insure and run a Porsche.

Unfair isn't it by the time you can afford a bird pulling car the only birds you'll pull are the ones that sh1t on it.

I'm into my third year with Saga.

Covers Me the Wife and no claims protected.2001 "S" 4000 miles/annum.

March 2012 payed £351.83

March 2011 payed £332.00

March 2010 Payed £308.00

March 2012 the renewal came in at £381.00. Shopped around, phoned Saga to tell them I'm not renewing, they equaled the quote I was going to use.

I now have My beemer with them.

That's even cheaper than mine I'm paying £389 with NFU Mutual me & the missus me as main driver no mileage restriction.

2.5 yrs I can approach Saga.

Now I'm thinking of getting old I notice things differently - saw an ad on Hotmail today "what if you die unexpectedly" who the feck expects to die?

That's a very good deal!

Yes it's typically fat bald middle aged men that can afford to buy, insure and run a Porsche.

Unfair isn't it by the time you can afford a bird pulling car the only birds you'll pull are the ones that sh1t on it.

:D Sad but true :crying_anim:

Didn't realize there were so many old boys here ;) Just over £500 but have nearly 20 years to catch up

Didn't realize there were so many old boys here wink.png Just over £500 but have nearly 20 years to catch up

Old? I'm 47, only one way you're not getting old and that's if you die first, anyway 40 is the new 20 dontcha know.

Archived