Young driver insurance

Hi All,

New to these parts, hopefully looking to buy a 986 S over the coming weeks / month, ideally in speed yellow.

Does anyone have any good recommendations of brokers / insurers to call for quotes. A-plan seem to get good reviews so will definitely give them a call.

I phoned my current broker (Adrian Flux) earlier today, my current underwriter wouldn't insure me and the best quote AF could offer was £2.7k! I laughed...

Some details if they are of use: I'm 24, live in a good postcode area, license for 7 years, 5 years NCB (but no claims), member of both the IAM and HPC, have experience of driving cars with comparable levels of performance and will probably cover 7-8k miles a year.

Yes they are quite competitive normally, Bell are quoting £950 through comparethemarket.

I was insured through the Bell/Admiral/Elephant group previously, if I had another option I wouldn't go back!

Hi All,

New to these parts, hopefully looking to buy a 986 S over the coming weeks / month, ideally in speed yellow.

Does anyone have any good recommendations of brokers / insurers to call for quotes. A-plan seem to get good reviews so will definitely give them a call.

I phoned my current broker (Adrian Flux) earlier today, my current underwriter wouldn't insure me and the best quote AF could offer was £2.7k! I laughed...

Some details if they are of use: I'm 24, live in a good postcode area, license for 7 years, 5 years NCB (but no claims), member of both the IAM and HPC, have experience of driving cars with comparable levels of performance and will probably cover 7-8k miles a year.

Hi,

you are every welcome to get in touch for a quotation, we offer a discount of up to 20% for BoXa.net members.

You can call us on tel: 01707 642552

PM over your contact details

Email over your contact details: carclubs@skyinsurance.co.uk

Or use the link below:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorted the insurance through Sky earlier today. Thanks Sam.

They were great to deal with and understand the cars much better than some of the mainstream insurance providers. They worked hard to offer a good price on a good product. I'm happy :smile_anim:

For future reference I found the following:

Bell were cheapest but want a tracker fitted.

Admiral next, but I really do dislike their customer service. Playing with their quote engine an 04 plate car was 30% less than an 03 car absolutely everything else about the policy the same. Madness. I managed to get quote from anywhere from £1.1k to £2k.

Sky and A-plan could both offer the same product at the same price which was only slightly more than the cheapest Admiral quote. Sky called me back first so got the business.

Plenty of the brokers made initial quotes at £3k or so and a good number of brokers and insurers cant offer on under 25s.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorted the insurance through Sky earlier today. Thanks Sam.

They were great to deal with and understand the cars much better than some of the mainstream insurance providers. They worked hard to offer a good price on a good product. I'm happy :smile_anim:

For future reference I found the following:

Bell were cheapest but want a tracker fitted.

Admiral next, but I really do dislike their customer service. Playing with their quote engine an 04 plate car was 30% less than an 03 car absolutely everything else about the policy the same. Madness. I managed to get quote from anywhere from £1.1k to £2k.

Sky and A-plan could both offer the same product at the same price which was only slightly more than the cheapest Admiral quote. Sky called me back first so got the business.

Plenty of the brokers made initial quotes at £3k or so and a good number of brokers and insurers cant offer on under 25s.

I'm glad we could help and thank you for your custom and feedback.

If you have any queries mid-policy, feel free to PM me at any time.

Kind regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

skyfbimage_zpsf8bef167.jpg

Archived