Insurance

Apologies, probably been done to death but,

Looking for people's experience here, what would you say would be a good quote for myself: 25 male, full lisence for 8 years 7 years NBC, home owner.

Looking at a 2002/2003 s

I'm getting £1000+ from the usual comparison sites. I'll be waiting till I'm 40 if that's the best I can get!

Many thanks

Ben

That's quite steep, I find Admiral/elephant the cheapest for younger drivers. I used to pay about £650 for the boxster when I was 25. Now 28 and paying £400. Trying putting a parent on the policy. My mums on mine,which reduced it.

I tried elephant with my dad on the policy they wanted £1100. Just have to keep looking I guess. Still got 2 months of my current car to pay off before seriously looking for a box anyway.

Have you tried A-Plan? They sponsor this forum and offered me the best deal. I was paying £850 with Aviva for my S, A-Plan quoted £350 but I had also changed to a non-commuting policy (which AVIVA wanted to charge me more for since the car would be sitting on my drive all the time "at risk")

Can you put a female relative or friend on the policy too? You might look at the new Porsche Club official insurance.

Not female no, my mother has never driven and I have no sisters. My girlfriend hasn't much driving experience so will put the price up. I put my dad in though, maximum no claims and lisence for 37 years which does bring it down a bit.

• 6 months later...

Interesting group of new members posting on the site this weekend!Just renewed my insurance this weekend on my 2004 s with AXA at £219 down from £600 last year with a performance insurer well worth looking around I'm going to put the money towards a new replacement hood

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if you guys know, but the significant majority of insurers now conduct credit searches at the time of quoting, so it's your financial standing that determines what figure gets pumped out the other end, just as much as your driving record / age / vehicle choice etc.

Archived