Thank you Adrian Flux

gaz1000

Just picked up a Boxster 2000 2.7 - value around £5000-£6000

I called A Plan, and Swiftcover (via price comapriosn site) which worryingly came out initIally at around £850.

I have around 7-8 no claims discount and im aged around 40. I forgot that you can only use your no claims bonus on one vehicle which im already using on my work vehicle.

Anyway, i am pleased to say that i made a call to Adrian Flux who used common sense and simply 'mirrored' my no claims bonus that i use on another vehicle, giving me a price of £260 fully comp with half the excess the other companies wanted (was £500 now £250). Very impressed with their service and if the quotes had stayed around £850 per annum, i may have seriously considered not buying the car !

Thank you Adrian Flux.

I'm very pleased for you, but this is just further confirmation the car insurance premiums are just a lotterey.

Agree with this.

I had a renewal come through for my remapped Mk4 Golf GTI Turbo at the beginning of November. I've always felt that if I can get the policy for around £400 I'd be happy. Never really shopped around too much as I found out after I had the car mapped that most insurers weren't interested in covering it & quoted ridiculously high premiums. Renewal came through at £438. Before ringing them to aim to get the price down I contacted the insurance co that cover my Boxster - even though now technically a higher risk due to non fault accident plus having car on driveway (previously garaged) the quote I got was £275. Rang back my insurer on the Golf who immediately dropped it to £238.

Don't know whether to feel happy that I almost managed to half the premium or feel like I've been ripped off for the last few years due it being a loyal customer...

Suffice to say when the Boxster insurance comes around next year I will be shopping for quotes!

I think you are both right, but what i felt from Adrian Flux is that for once, a company was prepared to use their common sense and think - well this chap has already got 8 years ncb on another vehicle so he's hopefully a lower risk - lets mirror it. Overall their service was great and called me back when they said they would, and very courteous. A Plan were also very polite and gave great service, but at £850, then £550 - its over double and the excess was £500 not the £250 i have with AF.

Archived