Claim experiences

Insurance's due, hmmm. Has anyone had good claims experiences - I'd rather pay more for a policy that honours the claims (hopefully none) without fuss rather than go for cheapest. I'm presently with Saga.

Cheers!!!!!

Unfortunately, I had a total loss claim via A-plan last year. It was all sorted out fine. A little to-ing and fro-ing about which paperwork was sent when but ultimately the settlement figure was paid in a reasonable timeframe and the amount I was happy with with no need for arguing having sent in all my documentation and stated what price I thought it warranted (them having given the CAP figures to me).

Had a write-off via Privilege earlier this year.

It was recovered to a garage and the Engineer looked at it and we agreed a (lowball) offer within a week. Bought the salvage back and that was re-delivered at no cost within a couple of days.

Unfortunately, it then took a month to get the cheque for the balance though because of repeated incompetence in the claims department.

Cheers,

Phil

Why do we hear the word 'incompetence' so many times these days. Thanks for that chaps - am exploring A Plan at the moment.

Cheers!

I shortened a VWGolf by 3" which caused my airconditioner radiator some grief, plus a lot of plastic. LV over the phone told me where to take it as it was still driveable, they took some 'photos, then orderd parts, called me in, lent me a car, and car repaired with VW parts. No paper work, just one 'phone call. Body work shop said they have trouble with several cheap insurance firms who even suggest second hand parts or pattern parts. They reckon LV is one of the best.

Archived