Good deal with Admiral multi-car

We have 5 cars and use Admiral Multicar and upto Aug 2014 included the Boxster. (£171)

What I did not realise that any accident repairs have to be carried out by their bodyshops not an official Porsche one

Also any windscreen replacement would not be an OEM but a pattern one

So this current year I changed to Porsche/Marsh policy for £435. This does include cover for 2 trackdays

I claimed off admiral in 2012 on the boxster and I used a local body shop who I know and trust. The only difference is if you don't use their recommended repairer you are required to submit quotations from 2 companies for the work.

Phill

Just added the boxster to my multicar policy with Admiral. £126 fully comp garaged. £116 fully comp parked on the driveway!! How do the work that out. Policy runs from 1st may to 4th Feb so only 9 months but at £116 it's a no brainer

Phill

Nice!

If the car is sodding wet from driving in the rain, you shouldn't really put the car in the garage as it needs airflow to dry (apparently ). So in this case, you'd leave it parked outside. However, if you said it is garaged overnight , then presumably you're not covered in this circumstance if the car is nicked from your driveway. So to cover this scenario, I tick the box that the car is kept on the driveway and save myself £10 in the process!

The garage /drive thing is nuts - I'd been led to believe one issue was if say the car spontaneously combusted in the garage then the house insurers would try to shift the garage rebuilding costs to the car insurer.

Boxsters do seem to get good premiums, our 986 was with Saga, at about £280 ish pa. It was insured for social domestic etc including driving to work, and in another bizarre insurer act, they said that the commuting to work was to only 1 location and as Mrs RCS and I worked at different locations we'd have to have business use as well. Made no difference to the premium, but as my job entailed a lot of driving I think it potentially increased their risk!!!

But when we brought the 997 last summer we were 3 months into current insurance period and they wanted a further £1k to take it on :woot: . Expected to pay more but!!!! Its currently with Porsche/Marsh insurance, from memory around £480 for the year, and as said by PowerMalc includes 2 track days and European driving. We'll see who is offering what when it comes up for renewal later this year.

I just renewed with Admiral multicar for £420. The Boxster was £170 and the Type R annoyingly was more at £250.

Any increase in premiums from previous year on renewal?

No, was £60 cheaper but that may be due to accruing more no claims bonus on the second car.

Direct lines multicar policy was just over £1000 and had higher excesses.

Cool! That fies in the face of expectations/popular opinion. Well done.

Archived