battery change with no radio code

alank

Hi I have a 2003 3.2 s   with Porsche radio/changer in boot. I want to change battery in car but do not have radio code. The owners book says it needs a code. How can I keep power on car whilst changing battery. Can I link another battery onto battery leads, or use + ve  terminal in fuse box, with - ve  going to chassis , whilst fitting the new one. Thanks

If you have a CDR23 (the standard radio for MY2003) then you won't need a radio code.  The head unit and DME have the codes programmed into them.  When you switch on the ignition they communicate, and if the codes match it fires up the CDR23.  If you disconnect the battery, they still retain the codes.

If it is an earlier CDR22, I have a decoder and can give you the code from the last 4 digits of the serial number (which is accessible without removing the head unit).  Drop me a PM if you need a code.

5 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

If you have a CDR23 (the standard radio for MY2003) then you won't need a radio code.  The head unit and DME have the codes programmed into them.  When you switch on the ignition they communicate, and if the codes match it fires up the CDR23.  If you disconnect the battery, they still retain the codes.

If it is an earlier CDR22, I have a decoder and can give you the code from the last 4 digits of the serial number (which is accessible without removing the head unit).  Drop me a PM if you need a code.

Thanks , I will check what model it is, thanks for offer. Alan

Archived