Warranty for late 05 987 S

TrickeyTattoo

Looking to take out warranty on my new purchase of a 987 s tiptronic, had a few quotes for around £55 per month. Just wanted to get other members opinions on whether this is worth doing and any more information I should know on warranties (never had one on previous vehicles as it wasn't worth it)

Currently looking to go with Warrantywise.

I would give Russ at Revolution Porsche a call if you are thinking about a warranty. Worth a read on there website . Not sure I would touch any other 3rd party warranty . Don't think many people on here who have 986/987 have a warranty . 

Non OPC warranties generally don't compare too well in my opinion. Watch out for unrealistically low claim limits and a history of wriggling out of claims. 

Indeed, 3rd party warranties will not get a good write up around here which is a perspective worth listening to. I'd recommend paying that money into a separate saving account each month and using for car maintainance as and when needed.

7 minutes ago, Mrkevuk said:

I would give Russ at Revolution Porsche a call if you are thinking about a warranty. Worth a read on there website . Not sure I would touch any other 3rd party warranty . Don't think many people on here who have 986/987 have a warranty . 

6 minutes ago, Purdie said:

Non OPC warranties generally don't compare too well in my opinion. Watch out for unrealistically low claim limits and a history of wriggling out of claims. 

2 minutes ago, antjrice said:

Indeed, 3rd party warranties will not get a good write up around here which is a perspective worth listening to. I'd recommend paying that money into a separate saving account each month and using for car maintainance as and when needed.

Thanks for the input guys, not sure I would trust myself putting money into another account incase haha. Would probably end up spending it on upgrades for the car.

Just now, TrickeyTattoo said:

Thanks for the input guys, not sure I would trust myself putting money into another account incase haha. Would probably end up spending it on upgrades for the car.

:thumbsup_anim: That's the benefit - if you have a lucky run, you can turn it into an upgrade, new car fund.

I do something similar with a chunk of money each bonus time - system works well for me - yet to have that lucky run though as things always come up!

3 minutes ago, antjrice said:

:thumbsup_anim: That's the benefit - if you have a lucky run, you can turn it into an upgrade, new car fund.

I do something similar with a chunk of money each bonus time - system works well for me - yet to have that lucky run though as things always come up!

Whole reason I am splashing out on the Porsche is I had two good commission months at work, although with new tax/insurance and purchasing things for the car its running short already :P

Archived