North Wales roads

alank

There's hardly a duffer in the area, to be honest. I'm quite fond of the A4085 from Caernarfon down as far as Garreg, followed by a quick blast off on the B4410 to where it meets the A487. A4086 from Llanberis is another good one. Turn right at the A498 down to Beddgelert, back up the A4085 to Rhyd Ddu then B4418 to Nantlle. Not much to do then but come back the same way, maybe continuing back up the A498 as far as Capel Curig.

Roads are often blighted by other traffic though. Early morning is best.

1 hour ago, AMacdonald said:

A4086 from Llanberis is another good one. Turn right at the A498 down to Beddgelert

Lots of great roads around Snowdonia so just explore - there's also lots of suitable places for car piccies so take a camera ... this is between Llanberis & Beddgelert on the roads mentioned above:

IMG_4867_50_zpsgogpjyr0.jpg

All you need now is to keep your fingers crossed for some atypical Welsh weather :)

A friend lives in Llanberis, I was up there about 6 weeks ago on a stunning day top down, quiet roads,my daughter beside me, brilliant. We did the zipwire across the slate mine and thats well worth doing if you have time. Enjoy it, Iam feeling jealous already.

Archived