Rear storage box

Elppin

17 hours ago, the baron said:

I didn’t mount speakers as the 4 all ready in the car seem to be of a very high quality (Nokia) so didn’t need to do the conversion.

Ive never seen anyone say they thought the Nokia speakers were decent before. 

The ones in my car were only fit for the bin. 

1 hour ago, mike597 said:

Ive never seen anyone say they thought the Nokia speakers were decent before. 

The ones in my car were only fit for the bin. 

I must be lucky then, there loud, no distortion or vibration and clarity seems very good, good enough to listen to either the radio or cd with the roof down going on the motorway. 

Obviusly there not B&O but then I’m not sitting at home in an acoustic heaven, its a Boxster which is inherently a noisy car  roof up or down, it would be wasted on me, but that’s just me.

As above. I believe all my speakers are standard and I was pleasantly surprised with the sound as all I had read before getting my Boxster was how bad the standard kit was!

However a de-snorkeled bypass modded flat six on full chat beats anything you can play through the stereo B)

The Nokia speakers on mine had paper cones and it was like they were underwater, totally muffled, muted sound with no dynamism at all, hardly any top end.  Awful.  A pair of forty  quid alpines were immeasurably better. Maybe the later cars has a better speaker fitted, couldn't be much worse. 

Archived